1 ramekin plain flour
1 ramekin half milk, half water mixture
pinch of salt
a flavourless oil or lard
- Whisk together the flour, milk, water eggs and salt until it is a smooth batter. Let it rest as long as possible - at least an hour. The longer the rest, the bigger the rise!
- Heat your oven to 200 degrees C. It must be at temperature when you want to cook the puddings.
- Add around 2 tablespoons of oil to 2 sandwich tins - enough to cover the bottom in a thin layer of oil. Put the tins in the oven for a good 10 minutes so that they are really hot.
- Quickly take out the tins and pour divide the mixture between them. There should be a satisfying sizzle.
- Put back in oven for 20-25 minutes until they are well-risen and golden brown.
Genius, have you tried adding another egg? I've found that this makes super rising puddings!!
Just biding my time until we start cooking our roast dinner; nice bit of beef, yorkies and roast tats!!!
I'm enjoying your blog even if it is a little vegetarian friendly :-D
Post a Comment