Thursday, July 9, 2009

Bonjour!

Well, I am back from the French field trip and full of meat, meat, meat! That is mainly what I’ve been eating for the last two weeks; well, that and bread, bread, bread!! I have been craving vegan food a bit, which does not sit well with English Food.

I’ve just about come round from the trip though and am ready to cook some nice summery dishes. The problem is that this month is very busy indeed and I doubt I’m going to have time to cook much. I seem to remember having a similar problem this time last year. I will simply have to freeze everything and eat my summer pudding in January or something.

One thing I did notice whilst on a wee walk around Chorlton Meadows with Butters was the amount of freebie food – blackberries, raspberries, apples, pears, elderberries and sloes all spotted in a single trip! So later on in the summer we should have lots of nice stuff (whether there are recipes in the book or not, I shall report on them – too good an opportunity to miss).

No comments: